music @ UCLA header image 2

Professor Inna Faliks Shares News–All Gershwin Concert with Erie Philharmonic

March 9th, 2016 · No Comments

We have heard today from Music Professor Inna Faliks regarding a concert she performed in February.

She says “I went to play in an all Gershwin concert with Erie Philharmonic and Daniel Meyer conducting. Something which is not usual for an orchestral soloist – I got to wear many hats during this concert, playing solo preludes, songs with singers, a bit of banter, and finally, Rhapsody in Blue at the end. The historic Warner Auditorium , 2200 seats, was sold out. I also gave a masterclass at Mercyhurst University.

Lots of great things coming up for me, including Beethoven 3rd concerto with Evanston Symphony in Pickstaiger hall and a guest artist residency at Northwestern Universitys’ Bienen School of Music, Music/Words in NYC, Rachmaninoff 2 with Greensboro Symphony and Dmitry Sitkovetsky, and my debut in the Jacaranda series, in May.

See action shot from the Gershwin concert, attached”

We look forward to hearing about all the other upcoming performances and residencies!

faliks-gershwin_erie_photo_500p

Tags: Alumni · Faculty · Performance · Performance · Performers · School of Music · Students

0 responses so far ↓

• There are no comments yet...Kick things off by filling out the form below.

You must log in to post a comment.