music @ UCLA header image 2

Professor Roger Bourland featured in iPad commercial

July 29th, 2010 · 5 Comments

If you have seen the commercials released immediately after the launch of the iPad, you have seen (very briefly) a pair of hands playing the piano. Those hands belong to Music Department Chair, Professor Roger Bourland.

Bourland_hands

If you’d like to watch the whole commercial, visit this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fihOmQY-JxY&feature=player_embedded

Tags: Alumni · Composers · Composition · Composition · Faculty · School of Music · Staff · Students

5 responses so far ↓

• CoolD // Aug 30, 2010 at 10:21 am

Wow, I never would have thought. You will be amazed at where you will see someone. Time to audition for some commercials!

• Jon the eBook Library man // Dec 6, 2010 at 11:08 pm

also, the iPad features allow you to read an ebook almost as naturally, minus the paper texture. Apparently, iPad is not only a tablet PC, its full of apps, eBook reader that could enhance your reading experience additional to music lessons experience.

• Dran from Bnb Music World // Jan 28, 2011 at 11:21 pm

I wonder if this is out on the market. Amazing apple application for music lessons.

• cabinetsecret // Mar 15, 2012 at 9:13 pm

A great interview section

• TabletsBaratasYa // Dec 30, 2014 at 12:35 am

That’s pretty cool. I hadn’t watched the commercial before this entry but now I did and it’s just amazing. Plus, now that I’ve seen i see this reference on the ipad and other copies like on tablet androids in pages and so on.
    Some might say the technology is the devil but for me it makes us do incredible things like that, or even unimaginable ones.
    Still, it’s incredible what you can do with just a tablet, or in this case an iPad. Good one!

You must log in to post a comment.