music @ UCLA header image 2

Musicology grad student Marianna Ritchey to study at Biblioth?que Nationale in Paris

June 16th, 2010 · No Comments

We have heard some exciting news from Musicology graduate student Marianna Ritchey about her summer plans. She says:

“I’m a sixth year in the Musicology department, finishing up my dissertation (Susan McClary is my chair) and applying for jobs this year. This summer I got a CEES grant to spend a month in Paris doing archival research at several departments of the Biblioth?que Nationale in support of my dissertation, which is on Berlioz and the “fantastic” authors of 19th century France (Gautier and Nodier, primarily).

In July I’m also playing at a 3-day music festival in Anacortes, Washington, with my band (“Lloyd and Michael”). I also just found out that my article on Symphonie Fantastique is being published in the journal 19th-century Music in early 2011, and I’ll be presenting a section of it at the AMS conference in Indianapolis this fall. I’m excited and nervous about all of these things!”

Congratulations, Marianna–it sounds like you’re going to have a great summer!

Tags: Music History · Music history · Musicologists · Musicology · Musicology · Performance · School of Music

0 responses so far ↓

• There are no comments yet...Kick things off by filling out the form below.

You must log in to post a comment.